The main objective of the Dakota United Recreation League Soccer is to provide all children, regardless of experience, an opportunity to learn more about the game and the basic skills needed to play soccer. We emphasize that learning is more important than winning.
- Offered to Pre-K (must be 4 at the time of registration) through 6th Grade.
- Fall recreation soccer runs early September through mid-October.
- Spring recreation soccer runs mid April through May.
- Practices are once a week at a local elementary school or the Cottonwood Soccer Complex.
- Practice day, time and location are selected by the volunteer coaches.
- Coaches are all volunteers: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc.
- All volunteer coaches must be SafeSport certified and background checked, both renewed annually
- Initial year of SafeSport training is appoximately 3 hours; 30 minutes there after
- Background checks is a 5 minute form
- Each session is 6 games over a 6 week period, weather permitting.
- PreK is more developmentally appropriate and facilitated by a Dakota United coach.
- Game times are Saturdays, 9 am - 4 pm. Sundays, 12 pm - 7 pm, will be used on an as needed basis depending on team numbers and weather.
- Games are held at the Cottonwood Soccer Complex on South 12th Street.
- Registration includes a t-shirt to match your team.
- Teams are formed by gender, grade, and school.
- Players are required to have shin guards and a water bottle. Soccer balls are not required but welcome.
- Team photos will be offered for each session.
- No late registration will be accepted!
- No refunds are available after registering.
- Rules and Lesson Plans can be found in the right navigation panel.
- Cost is $60 + 3% admin fee
- $50 for 2nd child, $40 for 3rd child. The price is capped at $40 per child for families with more than 3. Be sure to register all kids at the same time in order to receive the discount. Refunds to get the discount are not an option.
- Registration Opens: July 1, 2023
- Registration Closes: August 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- Register for the grade your child will be in when starting school in the fall.
- Game Dates: tentatively September 10, 17, 24, and October 1, 8, 15
- Reserved for weather backup: tentatively September 18 and October 2
- Registration Opens: January 17, 2023 at 10:00 AM
- Registration Closes: March 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- Register for the grade your child is currently in.
- Game Dates: April 15, 22, 29 and May 6, 13, 20
- Reserved for weather backup: tentatively April 23 and May 16
Are you new to DUSC recreation soccer or have questions on the program?
Please understand that practice dates/times and the game schedule will not be ready until a couple weeks after registration closes. You can review our FAQ page for answers to many of the questions we receive.
Click My Account in the right nav, log in or create an account.
Click My Players to add your child(ren). If already added, move to the next step.
Click Recreation League within My Account to register. (Please complete your registration once you start. Registrations are not held in the shopping cart to come back to later.) You will be fully registered once you receive a PayPal receipt.
When registering please make sure to choose the proper grade your child is in, the school your child is in, and also be sure you have selected the appropriate gender. We receive many calls/emails after team placement goes out that kids are in the wrong grade or on the wrong gender team. We use the information you provide to us for placement.
Not sure If you already registered?
You can see your current registrations logging into the My Account section and clicking Recreation League. Your current registrations will be there along with the date that you registered.